Tuesday, March 11, 2014

She was a quiet girl.  Everyone knew it.  Each day at lunch she would walk over to the corner of the cafeteria to sit by herself.  She would take her mangled lunchbox from her backpack and slowly nibble on whatever was inside.  Nobody, however, saw her quietly slip from the lunch room and make her way outside.  Almost none of the adults assigned to keep children inside saw her.  Except Mark.  He knew where she went.  Every day he would make sure to be cleaning the hall with the door she would pass through. He winked whenever she walked by and she smiled.

Outside everything was peaceful. It was quiet and empty except for the birds.  Relaxing in the shade of her favorite tree, she listened as the world moved around her. Few people knew she was not inside.

Not many noticed when she didn't come back.

3 comments:

  1. Amazing! This girl reminds me of one of my own characters, which made it all the more special for me. You're a very talented writer! :)

    The way you write flows nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was really interesting. It really made me think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked the emotion in it. I was sad and my mouth dropped when she didn't come back.

    ReplyDelete